Potato Salad Recipe

by - 5:20 PM


Made this Potato Salad for the first time, which both my husband and 10-year old daughter loved. Why didn't we make this? My daughter said: "I can eat this everyday"

Well, the short answer is, I stopped cooking for a couple of months. In the recent inflation awareness in Singapore, I began to think a lot more about food waste and sustainability issues. I seriously think we need to change. We as in "all of us", each and everyone of us is responsible to make a change to this wicked problem. The action that I took was to start with my own family.


Potato Salad Recipe

Ingredients

Measure:

Ingredient:

10 Medium-size

Potatoes

5 Tablespoons

Mayonnaise (Kewpie Japanese mayo was used)

1 small sprig

Spring Onion (cut and preparation

1 teaspoon

Salt (optional seasoning)

1 Litre

Boiling water

3 Medium-size

Eggs (Free-range eggs) 

optional to opt out if you're vegan

 

Procedure

  1. Boil some hot water in a large pot
  2. Wash the potatoes, leaving the skin on and brush off the soil bits and rinse off
  3. Cut the potatoes into 6 or 8 pieces, so it is quicker to cook
  4. Add some salt into the boiling water
  5. Add the potatoes
  6. Optional: if you will be adding hard-boiled eggs to this recipe, you can add 3 eggs to this boiling water
  7. Turn off the heat after 20 minutes when a toothpick comes out clean, drain the potatoes and place them in a serving bowl
  8. Add mayonnaise, spring onion to the potatoes, (and hard boiled eggs) 
  9. Mix them in the serving bowl
  10. Serve

I personally feel this tried and tested recipe is easy and good. Potatoes are a carbohydrate-rich vegetable. A medium, 5.2 ounce potato with the skin contains 26 grams of carbohydrate. Far from “just carbs”; potatoes contain a number of key nutrients including protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals. I am also changing up the format of Deelish Recipes. Here is a new segment of some data-driven fun facts.

Fun-Fact: Which are the Top 3 Recipes over the last 30 days



Stats don't lie.

Flodni is a Hungarian-Jewish pastry loved by many, it remains the top searched for item even to this day. I think the secret is the process of how Flodni is made, see the post.

Besides, the UK Scones taking the second place on the leaderboard this month, I recalled when we were living in Budapest and Tallinn, I handmade them and also enjoyed the ones which are store bought. I have even made Blueberries Scones Recipe and shared it with our foodie community here.

Of course, drawing near to Christmas and having Thanksgiving last month, the much loved Chocolate Crumble Cake is the third sought after recipe. This month, I am also throwing in the top searched Kitchen tools and equipment, BOSCH Food Processor which I have personally owned and tried. I really liked its product design and if you are considering to buy a new food processor for yourself or your loved ones (wife or husband, or even your favourite aunt) this coming Christmas, have a look at this review. Truth is, vegetarian and vegan recipes are really on the rise. In our private group, we have welcome a lot of new joiners. We have 3,500 and growing organically base community of vegetarian and vegans-to-be, and since it is a private group, you can be sure your privacy to this transformative journey is well-protected :)

I'm still looking for collaborators to include more beverages brands. For that, I am looking for coffee enthusiasts, coffee-lovers or even coffee connoisseurs to join us. Here's how you can contribute to our growing community.


How to contribute to this growing community

1. Jot down a top 10 list of coffee brands you personally like and would recommend.

2. Reach out and drop me an email at deelishrecipes@gmail.com

Yes, it is that simple.


You May Also Like

0 comments