Yule Log Cake Recipe

by - 7:18 AM


My first time making a Yule Log Cake. Is it too early? As we will be traveling in the first week of December, I will not be able to bake while we are on vacation and living in a hotel. Many people said it is very easy to make a log cake, so this year, I decided to give it a try. The inside is just the regular sponge cake and I supposed for the frosting, I should add more confectionary sugar to make it stiffer. In any case this is how my first Yule Log Cake looks like :) Enjoy.

Ingredients:


1/4 cup (30 grams) cake flour

2 tablespoons (15 grams) cornstarch

2 tablespoons (15 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (regular or Dutch-processed)

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar, divided

2 large eggs (110 grams without shells), at room temperature

3 large egg yolks (55 grams), at room temperature

2 large egg whites (60 grams), at room temperature

1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar


You May Also Like

0 comments