My Favorite Spinach Salad

by - 7:36 AM



This is my entire family's favorite salad. It's so tasty that Adam throws bits of his meat and potatoes to the pugs to save room for salad! (my husband is not a vegetable man at all) The salad is a mix of baby spinach, sugared pecans, strawberries and goat cheese. I dress it with poppyseed dressing - sometimes homemade, sometimes Marzetti's. It has everything a good salad should have: crunchiness, a blend of savory and sweet flavors, and beautiful colors. Everything in the salad is pretty self explanatory. For the pecans, I coat a couple cups of pecan halves in a mix of egg white, water and vanilla. After the nuts are coated with the egg wash, I toss them in a mix of 1/2 c. sugar, 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. cinnamon. Then bake them at 300 degrees for half an hour. Make sure you scoot the nuts around a few times while they're baking so that the sugar caramelizes evenly. https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3068/2576657210_4826138537_b.jpg

You May Also Like

0 comments