chewy oatmeal chocolate chunk (365.339)

by - 7:08 AM



The recipe is based on the America's Test Kitchen Oatmeal-Raisin cookie, but I sub cinnamon for nutmeg and chocolate chunks for raisins. I also use salted butter because I like them a little less sweet. I double the amount of chocolate chips, because why wouldn't you? And I don't flatten them, 'cause otherwise they get too brittle. I usually make a half batch which churns out around a dozen cookies. The half batch recipe is this: 0.75 cups AP flour 0.25 tsp baking powder 0.25 tsp salt light shake of cinammon 1 stick of butter (softened to room temp) 0.5 cup brown sugar 0.5 cup granulated sugar 1 brown egg ('cause "brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh") 1.5 cups old-fashioned oats 1.5 cups chocolate chunks (or chips) Oven at 325 1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together and set aside. 2. On medium. beat the sugars and the butter until fluffy. 3-6 minutes. Beat in the egg, and mix for 30 seconds or so. 3. On low, mix in the flour until combined. 30 seconds or so. Slowly add in the chocolate chips and the oatmeal until it's just incorporated together. 4. I like to set the dough in the fridge for 5 or 10 minutes to let the butter stiffen up a touch. This also gives me time to remember to turn on the oven (I usually forget) and to put parchment paper on the cookie sheet. 5. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon out bigger than golf ball sized hunks and roll them into a ball. Place them on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Don't squish them down. 6. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then move them to a wire rack. EAT! https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3138/2996251559_ea168946b9_b.jpg

You May Also Like

0 comments