Make Banana Bread Like a Celebrity

by - 12:25 AM


Celebrities love baking, or at least that’s what it looks like from their Instagram feeds. Former party lovers, whose feeds used to be filled with selfies and red carpet photos now post pics of their perfect home-made treats. And they make them pretty well. You can find various desserts, from cakes like Kelly Brook’s Easter creation to beautifully decorated cupcakes Kourtney Kardashian-style. Let’s not forget the banana bread.

Celebrity Banana Bread Recipes

I am a banana bread fan and I have made like a hundred versions of banana bread. This has become my obsession ever since I downloaded the cooking app MyGreatRecipes and discovered its banana bread recipe collection. Some time ago (I was bored a little bit) I searched the internet to find out what kind of desserts celebrities like (and bake). Turns out they do create their own sweet delights and what caught my eye in particular was Rachel Zoe’s banana bread recipe. I thought to myself “A woman with such style can’t go wrong with styling ingredients in a dessert.” That’s how I came up with the idea to recreate celebrity banana bread recipes by using the most similar banana bread option from my fav app. Here are my two best banana loafs, as made by famous people.


Rachel Zoe’s Banana Bread
The celebrity stylist and designer confessed that she loves baking, especially during the award season because it calms her nerves. I found this banana bread recipe on her Instagram feed. It is visible that it contains chocolate chips, so here is my version of it:

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs
4 teaspoons milk
3-4 over ripe bananas
1 cup chocolate chips

The best thing about banana bread is that all you need to do is mix the ingredients. Start by mixing the butter and sugar, then add milk, eggs and banana and at the end add the flour and baking soda. The chocolate chips are incorporated at the end and stirred manually (no mixer needed). Let the oven do the rest. Bake for about 45 minutes. Use a toothpick to check whether the loaf is done. If it comes out clean, you’re good to go.


Stanley Tucci’s Banana Bread
The actor said that this recipe is from his late wife Kate and called it Kate’s Banana Bread in her honor. He remembers how she used to make this loaf for their family and friends and everyone loved it. The recipe originally calls for Grape-nuts cereal but I made it with fresh grapes and pecans.

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup castor sugar
pinch of salt
½ cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup mixed green and red grapes
1 cup chopped pecans

Follow the procedure laid down for the chocolate chips recipe above. Fold the grapes in the batter at the end. The grapes will look like precious gems in the baked bread. The loaf will also get extra sweetness from the grapes and they make perfect combination with any kind of nuts. Cook’s verdict: I liked both recipes, the first being a more classic version of the banana loaf, whereas the second was an opportunity for me to use grapes in a banana bread for the first time. I couldn’t decide so I let my family make the decision for me. They ruled on the Kate’s banana bread to my surprise. I expected they would be in favor of the chocolatey treat 

You May Also Like

2 comments