Pork Loin with Fig and Port Sauce

by - 4:15 AM



I had a pork loin in the freezer, and I decided I wanted to make something "Sunday dinnerish". I found a Giada De Laurentiis recipe for roasted pork with a fig and port sauce that sounded tasty and had lots of positive reviews from other cooks. Adam was skeptical when I told him what I was making. He proclaimed "Figs? I don't think I like figs." I responded "You eat Fig Newtons, so I'm sure you'll be fine." After his first bite, he admitted that it was really delicious. He was really surprised by how much he actually did like figs. And for me personally, the port wine - fig sauce was so good I could have eaten it plain -- like it was soup! This recipe would probably also be great with turkey breast or boneless chicken in place of the pork. I served it, family-style, on a huge platter alongside some roasted green beans. GET THE RECIPE https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3292/2398965413_10d4e0091e_b.jpg

You May Also Like

0 comments