French Toast #Recipe

by - 9:17 AM


Do you really need a recipe for French Toast? Actually yes and no.
This is such a classic and easy breakfast item. I don't think I ever learn to make it from any recipe book. From young in my childhood, French toast on a Sunday breakfast is like a real treat. My uncle will normally be the one to cook it. And since he is a natural, self-taught cook, by looking at the basic steps, it was easy to whip up my own French toast. Anyway, I thought I like to highlight the recipe from Nigella Lawson and the ingredients as follows:

  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup whole milk
  • 4 slices white bread (from small loaf or 2 slices from large loaf) each slice cut in half triangles
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 drop flavourless vegetable oil for frying
  • ¼ cup superfine sugar


METHOD
Beat the eggs with the milk and vanilla in a wide, shallow bowl.
Soak the bread halves in the eggy mixture for *5 (actually 30 seconds is enough) minutes a side.
Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, and fry the egg-soaked bread until golden and scorched in parts on both sides.


To me this is really optional: *Put the sugar on a plate and then dip the cooked bread in it until coated like a sugared doughnut.

You May Also Like

0 comments