Courtney Hill's Finger lickin' Chicken Recipe (Country)

by - 10:31 PM



Fried Chicken

1. Thaw chicken breasts, butterfly and cut into smaller pieces
2. Flour chicken pieces in ½ cup flour mixed with ½ Tbsp seasoned salt
3. Dip pieces in milk then back in the flour
4. Place the pieces in a frying pan with ¼ in oil heated to medium heat
5. Leave pieces undisturbed for several min.
6. Turn pieces when bottom edges turn golden brown
7. Fry on the other side for same amount of time
8. Remove chicken pieces and place on a paper towel to absorb extra oil



Gravy

Add 1 tablespoon flour to the oil in the pan and stir to make a rue
Add 2 ½ cups milk and whisk
When bubbles occur add salt, pepper and chicken bullion crumbles to taste
Allow to boil until desired thickness is reached

German Cole Slaw

Shred ½ head of cabbage
Mix together in a lidded container ¼ tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 6 Tbsp white vinegar, ¼ cup oil.
Pour dressing over slaw and toss
Chill slaw for several hours before serving



About Courtney Hill She grew up in a smaller town in Southwest Missouri and learned most of what she knows about cooking from her mother, who learned from Courtney's grandmother. "I didn't personally grow up on the farm but I have relatives who are farmers and well, let's just say we know a thing or two about good food! I learned the rest of my cooking knowledge from my formal education. I have a Master's degree in Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Economics to the lapers) and I taught high school for 4 years. I decided to stay home with my twins when they were born and have loved being home with them. I still love teaching and the FCS (family and consumer sciences) umbrella of subjects, so I have started this blog to share my knowledge with you."

Courtney is also available:
Blog 
Instagram @countrykitchenapproved
Twitter @courtneyhill05

You May Also Like

0 comments