Pineapple Tarts

by - 1:48 PM


Originally uploaded by zannnielim

This is my version of the pineapple tarts for Chinese New Year. I have cravings for pineapple tarts for long and I asked my friend Sharon Tay for the tart pastry recipe. Some patience is definitely the essence for the success of the tart pastry. I like it very much.and here are the ingredients:
1 small pineapple, cut it into smaller pieces and minced it in a mixer. Heat it up until all the juices are evaporated, keep stirring and add about 3 tablespoons of sugar. Continue heating until texture of pineapple becomes like a jam and deeper amber in colour.

150g butter, 220g flour, 30g cornflour, 1egg yolk, 2. Tbsp milk powder (I did not have this so it was opted out), 2 tbsp icing sugar.

Mix flour, corn flour & icing sugar. Cut butter into cubes & mix into flour mixture. Use rubbing - in method. When mixture looks like breadcrumbs, add in yolk to combine as a dough.

I chilled it in the refrigerator, then mold it into this piggy shape. Pineapple mixture is in the round mold, then add 'nose' and using a toothpick to add the nostrils and eyes. Extra pastry to form the ears.

Baked at about 180 degrees Celsius for about ten minutes and viola!

Thank you Sharon for sharing the pastry skin recipe :) miss the pineapple tarts you made still...



You May Also Like

0 comments